Support Towards HATUA
The first phase of this project will involve the reconstruction of the current Student Centre in Kasarani and the acquisition of land in 5 Regions in the following towns; Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, and Eldoret. An ideal FOCUS Student Training Centre, which we are seeking to establish for all FOCUS Regions will be on at least a 2-acre piece of land (Shared accommodation and self-contained rooms, catering Services, office block, and recreational facilities). The estimated cost for this is Kshs. 285 Million.
2018 - 2020 Phase 1
A dedicated team of 80 Staff, over 10, 000 graduates every year, a Rich heritage of successful leadership development
Inadequate Training Facilities and resources
KES 300 Million
Desired Outcome of Phase
1A Students Training and Development Center in Nairobi and Land for 2 out of the 7 FOCUS Regions
At least 10,000 thoroughly trained and equipped leaders catalyzing character and value formation of the 500, 000 students in colleges and campuses in Kenya annually.
FOCUS Values Achieved by HATUA
- Christian UnionLeaders Training
- Student Union Leadership Training
- Leadership Summits
- First Years Orientation and Induction (Anza FYT) program
- A Final Year Students Transition (Vuka FIT) Program
- Creating a platform for enhanced interaction and support by FOCUS staff, graduates and Christian faculty to students.
- Specialized mentorship program for Christian student leaders interested in Politics & Governance, Business, Church and other fields
- A one-year leadership development and an apprenticeship program, the Short Term Experience in Ministry (STEM).
- STEM identifies and selects fresh graduates and takes them through one year of practical leadership training.
- Sensitizing, mobilizing and developing capacity of students to engage in various social transformation initiatives on campus and beyond.
- Organizing an International Triennial Missions Conference (Commission Conference) since 1988 that mobilizes and equips Christian students & graduates for holistic transformation of society.
FOCUS Kenya plays a key role in developing leaders of high stature. I am a product of FOCUS and I attribute my spiritual and leadership formation to my days as a student and staff worker. Hatua will definitely scale up the impact of FOCUS and ultimately lead a transformation of our nation and beyond. — Bishop Dr. David Oginde | Chairman Evangelical Alliance of Kenya (EAK)
If every Kenyan youth had an opportunity to have their character and values shaped, our nation would experience prosperity that is anchored on the right foundation. FOCUS is strategically placed to provide such a training among the youth. Hatua will empower FOCUS to not only reach out to many youths but also contribute towards the national values — Prof. Wangari Mwai | DVC, United States International University (USIU