The origin of the FOCUS Associates Ministry
FOCUS Associates ministry was started with the aim to:
- Build teams that would support students work in various colleges, as universities and colleges increased. It was envisaged that a team would take to support students work in a university or college for visiting, speaking and being advisors of CU leaders.
- Rally support for ex-CU members to be supporting FOCUS financially.
- Create a pool of experienced people in the industry to guide CU members as they graduate from universities and colleges.
- To create individuals and families that would be mentors and role models to CU students, and who would invite students to their homes, outings etc.
- To create an organization for ex-CU members to help them keep in touch for sharing encouragement, fellowship and for exchanging ideas on how to support FOCUS and Christian work in general”
Distinctness of FOCUS Associates Ministry.
- Associates are the key stakeholders in shaping character and values of the young people at their critical stage in life.
- FOCUS Associates have been to a great extent the salt and light in the market place for societal transformation.
- Through the ministry strong belief and commitment to the local church with an inter-denominational ministry philosophy and outlook, FOCUS Associates makes key leaders and workers in the church.
- Associates are the holistic pillar of the FOCUS ministry.
- Instrumental in the formation of Christian professionals’ bodies such as Christian Lawyers Fellowship (CLF), the Christian Medical Doctors Association (CMDA), Christian Professionals and Business Fellowship (CBPF), Nakuru Christian Professional Association (NCPA), Institute of Legislative Affairs (ILA) etc.
Key Achievements in the market place
Instrumental in the formation of Christian professionals’ bodies such as Christian Lawyers Fellowship (CLF), the Christian Medical Doctors Association (CMDA), Christian Professionals and Business Fellowship (CBPF), Nakuru Christian Professional Association (NCPA), Institute of Legislative Affairs (ILA) etc.
FOCUS Associates Programs (Nationally, Regional and at the Branch levels)
FOCUS Easter Retreat and Conference.
It is an annual event that brings together the FOCUS Associates and partners from all over the country. It creates a conducive platform of how issues of national concern and further engagements can be actualized, realized to be of more help in the Kenyan society today and beyond.
The Associates Conference
The first Conference we had was dabbed as Hesabika Convention, which saw the rise of Hesabika Trust that is well known today. It bears largely the same design of engagement but with a different approach of implementation and execution.
Branch and Regional events
These are the regular Associates activities and meetings at the Branch or Regional level by proximity. They form key engagement platforms and linkage for Associates into direct Associates and Students ministry.
Areas of involvement for Associates
- Praying for FOCUS ministry
- Donating gifts in kind and offering professional services
- Giving financial support
- Direct involvement in students’ and associates’ programs