Kenya continues to face a myriad of challenges among them corruption, dwindling stability of the family institution, moral decadence, insecurity and persistent negative ethnicity. Whereas these problems are glaring, many believe that there is hope for a better future. This hope can be pegged on the youth, who are the leaders of tomorrow. This hope is based on the fact that young people are high potential critical thinkers, change-makers, innovators, communicators, and leaders
The first phase of this project will involve reconstruction of the current Student Centre in Kasarani and acquisition of land in 5 Regions in the following towns; Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, and Eldoret. An ideal FOCUS Student Training Centre, which we are seeking to establish for all FOCUS Regions will be on at least 2-acre piece of land (Shared accommodation and self-contained rooms, catering Services, office block, and recreational facilities). The estimated cost for this is Kshs. 285 Million.
- YEAR 2018-2020 (Phase 1)
- Opportunities A dedicated team of 80 Staff, over 10, 000 graduates every year, a Rich heritage of successful leadership development
- Limitations Inadequate Training Facilities and resources
- Desired Outcome of Phase 1A Students Training and Development Center in Nairobi and Land for 2 out of the 7 FOCUS Regions
- Desired ImpactAt least 10,000 thoroughly trained and equipped leaders catalyzing character and value formation of the 500, 000 students in colleges and campuses in Kenya annually.
- What it will take87 Million
- CATEGORY Training
Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS) reaches and equips students in Institutions of higher learning and graduates for effective Christian living and societal transformation. This is achieved through value-based training, mentorship, and apprenticeship.