The future of Kenya lies in her demographic dividend. It is projected that by 2050 there will be 85 million people in Kenya. Of this population, three quarter will be below 35 years. But there is a gap that must be bridged for this to be realized - skill development. This was supported by Agha Khan University in January 2016 that showed that the majority of Kenyans aged between 18 and 35 do not regard integrity as a virtue yet it is crucial in fostering social wellbeing of the society.
Training and mentoring more young people to instil values for effective living and societal transformation. To raise a critical mass of change makers in institutions of higher learning to spur growth and for posterity in all fronts of life by;
- Training at least 4000 Christian Union leaders annually.
- Integrating at least 7000 first year students into Campus life annually.
- Preparing smooth transition of over 5000 final year students annually.
- Training 100 student union leaders annually.
- Organizing conferences for mentorship of over 20,000 students every three years.
- Mentoring over 40 fresh graduates through the STEM program annually.
- Connecting students to mentors in various spheres of influence.
We have one student centre in Kasarani which has played a key role in building the capacity of students. The centre however has very limited accomodation space of 50 bed capacity and 1 training hall against 45,000 students in 7 regions.
The goal of this project is to construct 6 Students Training and Development Centres in the next 5-10 years. This will provide a huge leverage for greater impact. The first Phase of this project involves raising Ksh. 150 Million that will be used for the reconstruction of the current Student Centre in Nairobi and acquisition of land in the other 5 Regions.
why partner with focus
FOCUS Kenya has worked with the youth in Kenyan colleges and universities for the last 45 years. Registered as a charitable Organization in Kenya with the Tax Exemption certificate number 20151103/7902.
Currently, working with at least One Hundred and Fifty-Two (152) College and University Christian Unions with a total membership of over Forty-Five Thousand (45,000) Students.
The impact can be traced from the number of individuals of reputable character, whose influence in many spheres of our society is attested.
how to be involved
a) Hatua (the cot of a square metre) = Ksh. 4000
b) Attend Hatua Fundraising events across the country this November
1. Nairobi Fundraising Dinner - 2nd November 2018 @ Sarova Panafric Hotel
2. Mt. Kenya Region Fundraiser - 4th November 2018
3. North Rift Region Fundraiser - 10th November 2018